This year, National Ag Day is March 21 and National Ag Week is March 21-27.
Here are some ways you can help celebrate this designated time and show appreciation to our local ag producers:
- Marquee Message
- The Chamber has a list of short messages for you to choose from, which you can find here. We ask you display this message from March 20-March 31.
- Window Decorating Contest
- Get creative! Use paint, paper, or whatever you can think of to say thank you to our local ag producers. There will be a contest judged by US Senator John Thune & US Representative Dusty Johnson.
- Appreciation & Impact Videos
- Make a short video with your staff at your place of business explaining how our local ag economy impacts your business…or just a simple message of appreciation. Post it to your social media and tag #AgDay23, #NationalAgWeek and @AberdeenAreaChamberofCommerce.
- Social Media and Other Uses of Ag Day Toolkit
- You’ll find many great ideas and templates for customizing your appreciation and education messages.
The Ag Committee follows the Core Values of the ACA, which are that every American should:
- Understand how food and fiber products are produced.
- Appreciate the role agriculture plays in providing safe, abundant and affordable products.
- Value the essential role of agriculture in maintaining a strong economy.
- Acknowledge and consider career opportunities in the agriculture, food and fiber industry.
Committee members have a presence in the community to help educate local citizens about ag production. Stay tuned for updates as we plan National Ag Day 2023, 50th anniversary!
For more information, contact Lisa Anderson at (605) 225-2860 or email@example.com.
Learn more about agriculture and agriculture products through these resources: