The Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce’s Ambassador Committee is holding their 10th annual Hat & Mitten Drive for elementary school children. The drive will run from October 13 through December 12, at which time the items will be distributed to public and private schools in Aberdeen.
New this year is the addition of a mid-year school supplies drive as well as socks and undergarments. Many times, classrooms are running low on basic supplies after the Christmas break. This will help replenish items necessary to teaching and learning. Suggestions include glue, crayons, pencils, erasers, notebooks and more. School supplies, socks and undergarments can be dropped off at the same locations and in the same receptacles as the hats and mittens.
Collection boxes are placed at the following businesses:
- American Bank & Trust (320 6th Ave SE)
- Aspire (607 N 4th St)
- Banner Engineering (715 N Brown County 19)
- C-Express 2nd St (711 N 2nd St)
- C-Express 6th Ave (2303 6th Ave SE)
- C-Express 8th Ave (1202 8th Ave NE)
- Century 21 Investment Realtors (1408 6th Ave SE, Suite 1)
- Chamber of Commerce (516 S Main St)
- First Interstate Bank, Downtown (119 6th Ave SE)
- First Interstate Bank, East (1805 6th Ave SE)
- Insurance Plus (405 8th Ave NW)
- NVC (2211 8th Ave NE, Suite 1101)
- Plains Commerce Bank (524 S Dakota St)
- Runnings (1815 6th Ave SE)
In addition to local drop off points, you may also donate via a registry for the Ambassadors at https://www.walmart.com/registry/ER/9a3f89e5-dca0-49c5-b4bb-d7fd6a0be491. Monetary donations may be dropped off at the Chamber office, 516 South Main Street, and the funds will be used to purchase new hats, mittens, gloves, school supplies, socks and undergarments for distribution.