- Entries open to youth 8-12 years old on January 1, 2016.
- No more than three steers and three heifers per exhibitor. With multiple entries, the owner must show one animal in each class.
- No breed designations. (Heifers will be shown as commercial breeding stock. No separate breed classes.)
- Steers will be weighed. Birth dates of heifers must be provided.
- Steer classes will be determined by weight and heifer classes by birth date.
- Entry fee - $10.00 per head. Entries received at the Chamber after May 31, 2016 will pay a late fee of $10.00 per head.
- No entries accepted without entry fee paid. NO REFUNDS! Pay online or bring check payable to Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Unloading time NO EARLIER THAN 7:00 a.m. June 4, 2016 at Brown County Fair Grounds unless approved by show committee.
- Steer entries weighed and heifers entered between 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 4, 2016.
- All entries close at 10:30 a.m.on June 4, 2016.
- Show time immediately following Jackpot Market Lamb on June 4, 2016.
- Fitting is limited to clipping, washing and blow-drying. No other activity will be permitted! Towel rule will be in effect. Each entry will be toweled upon entering the ring.
- STEERS AND HEIFERS MUST BE PRESENTED BY A HEALTH CERTIFICATE PRIOR TO UNLOADING. Heifers must be Brucellosis vaccinated.
- Grand Champion Steer receives $75.00 cash award. Reserve Champion $50.00. This is in addition to cash winnings.
- Grand Champion Heifer receives $75.00 cash award. Reserve Champion $50.00. This is in addition to cash winnings.
- All decisions of the show committee and judge(s) are final.
- The Show committee and Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce are not responsible for accidents.
- Bedding, wood chips only, rough cut will be provided. Other chips must be supplied by the exhibitor and all bedding removed at the conclusion of the show. A $20 STALL FEE PER ENTRY WILL BE ASSESSED DAY OF THE SHOW AND REFUNDED WHEN EXHIBITOR’S AREA IS CLEAN.
- No fitting of animals or parking on the grass will be allowed.
- Concession stand will be available.
Registrations must be received at the Chamber by end of business on May 31st. Any registrations after this date or day of the event will incur a late fee expense which is double the entry fee.
- To complete online registration, click HERE.
- To download registration form to print and fill out, click HERE.
No entry will be eligible without payment, however you can register your animals and make payment the day of the event. All payments made to the Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Make Payment Online HERE.
- Mail Check with Registration Form to: Aberdeen Area Chamber of Commerce, Attn: NPLD, PO Box 1179, Aberdeen, SD 57402-1179
- Submit Registration Form online or by mail and bring payment along day of event.